Would you like to have more confidence while you are making decisions? We all would.
How to get there?
- Remember that perfect doesn’t exist even though it is the new popular word.
- Logical thought processes are better than emotional but include paying attention to what your emotions are telling you, or the emotions being shown by others who are involved.
- Pause and think through. Don’t jump in without checking how deep the water is. That doesn’t mean take forever, just take some time to think the situation through.
- List options. For most situations there are several options you can consider. Don’t get caught up in the expression, ‘Well, I have no choice!’ Also avoid black and white thinking as if there are only two, opposite choices.
- Recognize that some decisions allow for changes and flexibility as you learn more or move forward. Not being locked in has many advantages.